Thursday, February 3, 2011

Drugstore Beauty Products: Raves and Reviews

So I must make one small confession.. I did not actually purchase any of these items at a drugstore.. BUT you can buy them in a drugstore. I just happen to be an ULTA addict so I bought them there, plus they are always sending me coupons and deals.. and it doesn't hurt that I earn points on my club card when I shop there.

Over the past few months I have stepped out of my MAC comfort zone to try different products and see what all is out there. I have never been one for drugstore cosmetics but after all of the things I've been hearing I had to try a few. I can say that in most cases you do get what you pay for, in other cases I have been VERY pleasantly surprised!



Herbal Tinted Lip Balm by Palladio $3.49

Love. This. Stuff. Very creamy and moisturizing and comes in great color choices. My favorite is the berry one.




Liquid Eye Liner by Palladio $5.99

I mainly bought this because I wanted to try a liquid liner with this type of applicator but didn't want to spend a lot if I wasn't going to like it. All in all I think it's a good product, definitely made me want to try a higher end one similar to this. I'm thinking maybe Urban Decay or MAC.




Maybelline Dream Mouse Blush $6.99

I do not love this product. I guess it's ok for a cream blush but not even close to as good as a MAC one. I got this because they had a buy one get one for Maybelline at ULTA and thought it was worth a shot... definitely not at least in my opinion.





Maybelline Falsies Mascara $6.99

OMG. Seriously. I don't have words to accurately describe how much I love this mascara. For $6.99 I was BLOWN AWAY!! I've been paying $26 for Lancome mascara and this is VERY comparable. Although I don't think I can give up my Lancome because it really is great, I will be keeping this in my collection because it really is a great find! I recommend trying this to everyone. I've seen it in grocery stores for $5, it's too cheap not to try. I love it.






Lash Accelerating Mascara by Rimmel London $9.99

Ok besides this being double what the amazing Maybelline one is, it is horrible. It does not work. I think I applied like 5 coats and couldn't even tell it was on it was very liquidy. Do not buy this. I was fooled by the commercials and I thought since the Maybelline Falsies was so great that this one would probably be too. I was very wrong.





Rimmel London Lasting Finish PRO Nail Polish in Steel Gray $3.99

Great polish and this is one of my favorite colors for right now. You really can't beat it for $4. Other than Milani I'd say it would be my top drug store polish. They have lots of pretty colors to choose from but the Steel Gray is definitely my fav of the moment.


Have you guys found any products that you love or hate lately?? I would love to know! I'm always looking for great finds.



14 comments:

  1. i just got the falsies mascara on sale at target and was SOOO impressed. it really is great. and i sworeeeeeeee by mac plush lash for years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stumbled upon your blog! What a great title and a great set of postings!

    xx

    Erin @ http://www.trufflesnruffles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the falsies mascara I use that drug store mascara or the revlon grow luscious they are both good for the cost and just as comparable to urban decay and Lancome. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Retinol cream for acne I’m going to read this. I’ll be sure to come back. thanks for sharing. and also This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. this is very nice one and gives indepth information. thanks for this nice article...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Med spa in pittsburgh I have read all the comments and suggestions posted by the visitors for this article are very fine,We will wait for your next article so only.Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, What a Excellent post. I really found this to much informatics. It is what i was searching for.I would like to suggest you that please keep sharing such type of info.Thanks Chemical free beauty products

    ReplyDelete
  7. For a long time me & my friend were searching for informative blogs, but now I am on the right place guys, you have made a room in my heart! kitchen tapware

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really thank you for the valuable info on this great subject and look forward to more great posts. Thanks a lot for enjoying this beauty article with me. I am appreciating it very much! Looking forward to another great article. Good luck to the author! All the best! Omaha cosmetic center

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for the post you do. I like your post and all you share with us is up to date and quite informative, i would like to bookmark the page so i can come here again to read you, as you have done a wonderful job. How to start a candle business

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. I was exactly searching for. Thanks for such post and please keep it up. Great work. Dermajem

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you because you have been willing to share information with us. we will always appreciate all you have done here because I know you are very concerned with our. Eflornithine cream cost

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work!. laser hair removal cost Mumbai

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for posting this info. I just want to let you know that I just check out your site and I find it very interesting and informative. I can't wait to read lots of your posts. jade or rose quartz roller

    ReplyDelete
  14. cool stuff you have got and you keep update all of us. jade roller and gua sha

    ReplyDelete