Friday, September 3, 2010

Foodie Friday: Vic's on the River

If you have never been to Savannah, GA you definitely should put it on your list of places to visit. It is such a great southern coastal town, with beautiful scenery, great shopping, and amazing food- It is the home of Paula Deen for crying out loud! I visited Savannah with a group of amazing ladies and I have to say it was one of my favorite trips I have ever taken! They have some of the cutest shops in Savannah, my favorite was this french boutique called The Paris Market. It was a beautiful shop that had all kinds of pretty things in it. We did go to Paula Deen's restaurant, which was delicious, and we also went to her brother's restaurant Uncle Bubba's which is even better! (If you ever go, order the crab soup, delishhhh.)  So definitely visit Savannah, it is one of my favorite cities and I can't wait to go back this spring!

Ok so I said that to say this: One of my most favorite places in Savannah is this really great restaurant called Vic's on the River.



My Vic's experience: When we first arrived in Savannah we were all starving of course, and it was around lunchtime, so we quickly scouted out a lunch place. We happened to be walking down River Street and came upon Vic's on the River. After we read the menu, we were sold. They seated us at the BEST table in the restaurant which is a round table in the bay window that overlooks the riverfront. (They are not as crowded at lunchtime so it is easier to be seated there then.)  We all ordered pretty much the same, soup, panini's and a side, and the food was delicious!! I highly recommend trying Vic's if you are ever in Savannah! It is such a great spot and has an amazing view! Oh to be there now...

What I ordered: When I went to Vic's I ordered a cup of she crab soup, and the turkey, bacon and Swiss panini, that had a special sauce and caramelized onions. For my side I ordered the macaroni and cheese and it was sooo good! Vic's has changed their menu since I have been so they don't have everything I ordered on the new menu. I cannot wait to go back and try the new things they have like...


Brie and Crab Fondue


Fried Green Tomatoes


Vic's


The view.

3 comments:

  1. I just moved away from savannah and I miss it soo very much. Im glad you had a wonderful time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am adding it to my places to try while I am on vacation in 2 weeks. We are headed to Hilton Head and planning on driving down to Savannah a couple times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That fondue looks amazing! Yum!

    ReplyDelete