Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Tuesday Thought...

Have you ever had someone in your life that it was really hard to be kind to? You would consider yourself to be a kind person, but this one individual just rubs you so wrong it takes every fiber to show them grace. Well, I have. And sometimes it's very hard for me to live by Proverbs 31:26. Kindness is hard because we live in a mean world. And women can be mean. It's so important as women that we lift one another up and use words of encouragement instead of criticism. So I encourage you all, just as I am trying, to be kind to one another... even when it is hard. :)

I ran across this about a year ago but was reminded of it again today and decided I would share it.

The Paradoxial Commandments

By Dr. Kent M. Keith

1. People are illogical, unreasonable and self-centered. Love them anyway.

2. If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives. Do good anyway.

3. If you are successful, you win false friends and true enemeies. Succeed anyway.

4. The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.

5. Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable. Be honest and frank anyway.

6. The biggest men and women with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest men and women with the smallest minds. Think big anyway.

7. People favor underdogs but follow only top dogs. Fight for a few underdogs anyway.

8. What you spend building may be destroyed overnight. Build anyway.

9. People really need help but may attack you if you do help them. Help people anyway.

10. Give the world the best you have and you'll get kicked in the teeth. Give the world the best you have anyway.



Have a great day everyone!! And make sure and enter my Philosophy Giveaway!!!

3 comments:

  1. ooooh, i needed that today. talk about perfect timing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed that today. I have had some of those people decide to try and pop back into my life recently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I have! I do not miss working with women in general. As far The Paradoxial Commandments
    I had it up in my office for over 10 years...it got me through many many days! Hang in there.

    Carol-the gardener

    ReplyDelete