Saturday, July 3, 2010

Summer Favorites

Ok so every summer I find a few things that I just absolutely Love. Some of my favorites this year are the same as last year, but I didn't blog last year so I am sharing them anyway. I absolutely love buying makeup, it's one of my favorite things, so I'm going to share some of my favorite beauty products as well! Here are some of the things I love.. I'm sure there will be updates for this list..

1. This song by Katy Perry. Even though it says California Girls in my mind it says "Carolina Girls" so I love it. It's just fun and a really summery song I think.



2. Clinique Youth Surge SPF 15 Moisturizer $48.50
I have been using this for the past 3 months and I love it! I think using a good moisturizer is very important at any age. This one is great for 20-somethings that don't have wrinkles yet.. because it prevents them! And it has an SPF which is very important. It is very light, not oily which I love.


3. MAC Bronzing Powder $22, I use the color 'Bronze' I've also used 'Golden' in the past and liked it. 'Golden' is what I would recommend for fairer skin types. I am pretty tan during the summer but I do not like to get sun on my face. So I use a darker makeup and bronzer to make my face match my body. I like MAC bronzers because they are not orange!! You get a very natural, tan, glowy look. Perfect for summer!


4. Benefit Lip Gloss, $18, I use 'Life on the A List'. It is super shiny without the gunky feeling on your lips. I love this color for summer! It is one of my must have glosses! Another Lip Gloss that I am LOVING this summer is one by Chanel and it's called 'Bikini Peach' I love it! I highly recommend either of these!!



5. Peanut Butter Bumpers Cereal, I got this at Whole Foods but you can find it in cereal sections of most grocery stores that carry a lot of organic foods. I love this cereal, it makes a great snack or breakfast option. Delish.


6. Lilly Pulitzer Sea and Be Seen Tote, I got mine ON SALE for $80 through Piperlime. This will be my super cute beach bag this year! I love it! It really is the perfect beach bag, great material, super light weight and has lots of pockets inside! I drooled over it for months and when I saw it on sale I just had to get it. It's so cute. My mom was super excited that I got this b/c now she gets my navy JS one that I had bought earlier in the year.


7. Charlotte Russe patent flip flops, $7. I am not a huge Charlotte Russe fan but I do love their jewelry, so last year I was in there and found this flip flops and loved them. I only bought 2 pairs because it was end of season and they didn't have many colors left. Well, this year I struck gold and went on a day when they had them buy 1 get 1 so I stocked up on every color! This are just great to have. Unfortunately they have sold out of a lot of the fun colors like yellow but they do still have some. I love these. They are great to slip on when I'm not wanting a heavy shoe or just need something simple.







8. Redken Mineral Elixir Dazzling Smoothing Oil. This product sprays out like a very light mist, it is not sticky at all. It makes your hair very shiny, prevents frizz and fly aways. This is not a texturizer, it just makes your hair look soft and shiny. My stylist recommended this product to me and I have loved it! Plus, you can't tell from the picture but the bottle is not huge so you can easily slip it in your purse.



Those are just a few of the things I'm loving. I'd love to see what you guys think and what your favorites are!

pink love,

J

1 comment:

  1. California Girls has been stuck in my head for a week! I love that song! I love, love, love the LP tote!

    ReplyDelete