Friday, June 18, 2010

Foodie Friday

So who doesn't love french fries? I don't think I know anyone that would answer no to that question. I am a fan of sweet potatoes rather than white potatoes so anytime I'm out to eat I always order that way. One of my favorite local places called Matty's has sweet potato fries which I love, they are so good and I don't feel near as bad eating them as I do greasy regular fries.  One of my favorite healthy cook books is called "Cook Yourself Thin". (It used to also be a show on Lifetime but I haven't seen it on in a while.) The book has a super easy and super yum recipe for sweet potato fries. Not only are they totally delish, but they are totally healthy (in moderation of course).

Ingredients:
  • 2 sweet potatoes
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus more for sprinkling
  • juice of 1/2 a lime (optional)

Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 425 degrees
  • Wash and dry the potatoes and, with the skin on, slice into 1/2-inch-thick rounds; cut the rounds into 1/2-inch-thick finger-shaped pieces.
  • Toss the potatoes in a bowl with the oil, chili powder, garlic powder and salt. (I personally like to put all of the spices and oil into a large freezer bag then add my potatoes and shake it with the bag closed. To me its easier and they are coated evenly)
  • On a baking sheet, spread the sweet potato fries in a single layer and roast, stirring every 10 minutes, until brown and tender, 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from the oven, transfer to a platter or bowl and sprinkle with a little more salt. (Cook time depends on your oven, I cook mine for about 40 minutes because I like them a little crispier)

I hope you try these because they are super yummy.. If you do let me know how they turn out!


 Tonight I am going to dinner at one of my favorite places with 2 fabulous ladies and then we are going to have Mani/Pedis. . . My idea of a perfect evening! I hope you all have a fabulous Friday!

Pink Love :)
J


No comments:

Post a Comment